It doesn’t get more exciting than this for college football fans. With everything coming down to just one or two games for programs within the coming weeks, bowl season is officially on the minds of everyone.
There is still one more question who is the best player in the nation? College football fans will be awaiting the presentation show on December 10th.
Top 5 Candidates
1. Lamar Jackson, QB , Louisville: Jackson has been the Heisman trophy favorite for most of the year. Jackson’s stat line is very respectable throwing for 3,109 yards passing adding 28 passing Touchdowns and only throwing six interceptions. Lamar Jackson can also run the ball, he has rushed for 1,367 yards and adding 19 touchdowns. Lamar has Louisville sitting with a record of 9-2 and 2nd in the ACC.
2. Baker Mayfield, QB , Oklahoma: Mayfield has been a very consistent quarterback for the Sooners all year long throwing for 35 passing touchdowns and limiting the interception to 8. Mayfield has led the Sooners to a 9-2 record and have went 8-0 in big 12 play.
3. Jake Browning, QB ,Washington: Browning has had a very strong year for the Huskies, throwing 37 passing touchdowns and only 7 interceptions. Browning is averaging 260 passing yards per game and on the season has 2,870 passing yards. Browning has led the Huskies to a impressive 10-1 which is 1st in the Pac 12-North.
4. Jabrill Peppers, LB ,Michigan: Peppers has had a great year for the Wolverines. Peppers is one of the most versatile play in college football. He has played eleven different positions this season including returning punts and kicks. He has led Michigan to a 10-1 record and 1st in the big 10 east.
5. Dede Westbrook, WR ,Oklahoma: Westbrook has a great year for a wide receiver catching 15 touchdowns and having seven games with 100 plus yards receiving. Westbrook has 1,354 total receiving yards which is second in the nation.